Friday, December 31, 2010

Forever December

     Hello Friends, and welcome to my personal blogspot, Forever December. Forever December will be the place where I come to allow my mind to wander, my thoughts to ponder, and my fingers to freely dance about the keyboard as they compile information from this head of mine into a readable format. I decided upon the title "Forever December" for my blogspot for several reasons. To start, I love the month of December because it's the month of my birth (the 6th to be exact). December ushers in the Winter Solstice, and although I am not a big fan of harsh winter weather, I do enjoy crisp winter nights during the holiday season. Of course I love December for its holidays, Christmas and New Year's Eve, who doesn't? 
     But the most significant reason I chose the title "Forever December" for my blogspot is due to my wish that the feelings of good-will toward others and the merriment of the month of December could/would remain with us throughout the entire year, instead of slowly dying away with the advance of a new year. Why shouldn't we decorate our homes festively, entertain guests, give to charity, and treat others kinder just because it is June, for example? Why do we tend to save our warm and fuzzy feelings for this one month of the year when there are 11 other months deserving of nothing less as well? Why can't every month of the year feel like December (minus the cold)? Why can't it be forever December in our hearts?
    
     I hope that you all will enjoy coming to Forever December. For over a year now, I have been on a writing hiatis. Not sure why, but I simply didn't feel like writing, blogs in particular. I couldn't find the right avenue for writing blogs after My Space took a nosedive. I do not feel comfortable expressing myself on Facebook quite the way I did on My Space. Those of you who used to read my "Starla's Ramblings" on My Space will recall my rants. I really enjoyed writing  rants, as well as my weekly series "Coffee Talk." Forever December is going to be every bit as candid as Starla's Ramblings, but minus the cursing and hardcore ranting. My wish for Forever December is for it to be a place where I can share thoughts, ideas, theories, research, poetry, or even personal journaling at times, and to receive feedback from an audience, because I'm a ham. (Smiling like a Cheshire cat showing dimple on cheek. :) (*winking eye*;)

    And in closing I want to wish all of my friends a Happy New Year and a Forever December feeling for the remainder of the year 2011.

Peace out!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Darla. I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too, lady! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete