Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love=Patience=Time

Sometimes it’s discouraging being a single woman who happens to be “heady.”  I enjoy and thrive on interesting and stimulating conversation with people in general.  I expect nothing less from potential love interests as well.  Put simply, if a man cannot stimulate my mind, he probably isn’t going to be able to stimulate any other part of me either.  I guess maybe I’m an oddball for being that way, but I am a realist who understands that physical attraction only goes so far in a relationship.  When it comes to a love interest, I want to be with someone who can teach me new things and show me new ways of thinking.  And if a man isn’t spiritual, forget it.  By spiritual, I don’t mean religious; I mean that he has some kind of connection with a higher power.  These aspects have to be in place to interest me; otherwise a guy is wasting his time because he’s not getting to my heart without first going through my head.  And certainly, he’s not getting to me intimately without touching my heart.  Love is a process that takes patience and time.  If a potential love interest is unwilling to take the time it takes to get to know me, well, c’est la vie … next! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Yes..heart and head stimulation.. a MUST in any relationship! I'm extremely lucky with my Stuart...he's both! But don't you despair.. some of the BEST relationships happen when you LEAST expect it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Missy! I need some encouragement, because I've been bummed about it lately.

    ReplyDelete